Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Life Without Mike



We had our first workout sans Mike tonight.


We were all worried that it would be completely awful, but it was great.


(Don't worry Mike, we do miss you - please come back to us soon).


We will have 4 workouts without Mike's vast training knowledge, motivation, guilt and perfectly sculpted abs [just kidding on the last one. None of us have actually seen his abs - not yet, anyway (he is unbelievably shy and modest). We are still holding out hope every single day].


So, he gave us the assignment of coming up with our own workouts. I just think he is too busy having the time of his life off in Ghana and doesn't want to worry about it. Or, he just wants to laugh at what we plan. OR, he totally trusts that we have learned a lot during our time with him and that we'll come up with exceptional workouts.


Whatever the reason, challenge accepted.


In fact, I volunteered to plan the first workout.


Here's what I came up with:


(Please don't laugh at me - um, actually, you can. I don't know what everything is called so I made most of the names up).



It was a really hard workout. Seriously. I couldn't even do the whole workout that I planned.


Pretty pathetic, right?


(The only thing I didn't do all of was those dang burpees. Man, they are tough! I was way too ambitious when I cooked this whole workout up. I did a total of 65 burpees, which is a little more than 1/2 of what I planned, so there's definitely room for improvement).



Note to self: Do not plan more than about 50 burpees for any one workout.


I was clearly too eager to play trainer today.


Brianne and Charis rocked the workout. I am so proud of them. The other girls had their own workout and also did an outstanding job.



So, we will survive without Mike. But only for four workouts. Our motivation for the next few days is the weigh-in that is waiting for us at our first post-Ghana workout.



Please wish us luck! This is an insanely hard month to stay on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment