Sunday, March 29, 2015

Unexpected Sweat

Slowly but surely, we are getting back into this blogging thing.



Why does life always seem to get in the way of blogging about life? 



Weird.



So, today, I got to hang out with this cute little girl. We went for a nice Sunday afternoon stroll - which turned out to be basically a climb up the face of a very tall mountain.

Only because I suck at directions.


(I promise, she was having a really good time. Right up until, and every second after this picture, she was laughing and jabbering away).


And, do you want to know the worst part? Neither My Fitness Pal nor my phone's health app correctly tracked the many, many miles (it was honestly only like 3) that I huffed and puffed today.

And, of course, I forgot to strap on my Fitbit this morning.


Basically, a whole lot of energy wasted because there is no record of it...


Just kidding, but I was a little bugged.


It was most definitely the perfect Utah day. Low 70's, hardly any wind, lots of sunshine.


Spring is my jam.


I am so grateful that I am strong and healthy enough to really get out and enjoy this beautiful time of year.


As we were sauntering along, I remembered a day about 18 months ago, right after this little angel was born. I was with her and her mom in Walmart and we were standing at the front of the store, just about to leave. Her mom was holding her, her diaper bag and her blanket. A complete stranger walked up to us, turned to me and said, 


"Oh, how old is your baby?"


Um...really? Granted, this kiddo's mom is super, duper skinny and probably won't ever look like she's ever had a baby, even if she has 20, but the nerve of this lady to just assume that I had just given birth was astounding...


...and completely embarrassing.


I mean, I wasn't even holding her...or any of her paraphernalia. Please don't just assume that I had recently given birth just because I was fat. Geez.


I quickly muttered, "She's 4 days old" and walked away.


There's really no moral to this story except, to quote Brian Regan: "Never guess at that never, ever, ever, ever..."


I thought everyone had gotten that memo by now.



I guess not.


Anyhoo, here's proof that she did, in fact, enjoy our little outing.


(Sorry that my thumb made it into this picture).




She's pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment