Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Comeback

So, yeah, um...hi there.



Long time, no see.



We've been AWOL for a little long while but we're excited to be back.


I have found some delicious and healthy recipes lately that I want to share. I made this one last week and it is definitely going to be in the regular rotation.


I adapted this recipe from here.

Healthy Chicken Bake
1 lb chicken breast
4 medium red potatoes
1 small onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
3 medium zucchini
(zucchinis?)
2 garlic cloves
1 c + baby carrots
olive oil
2 T basil
1 T rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

Cut everything up in bite size pieces and put in a large baking dish. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil the basil and rosemary. 

Stir it all around.


(Oops...forgot the carrots)

Put it in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour. Pull it out and stir it every 15 minutes.  The last 5 minutes, I broiled it on high to make it crispy and awesome.



<< Fantastic food truly makes my heart sing >>

It takes a little work to cut everything up and stir it every 15 minutes but it is so, so delicious!


And, by my calculations (on My Fitness Pal), each 1.5 cup serving is only about 182 calories. Not bad for a pretty tasty and filling meal.

It's also super good left over.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment