Thursday, October 9, 2014

7 Months

7 months!!


It is official.  


I have been paying for pain for the last 7 months.  It’s been such a crazy mind & body altering experience.  I think when I realized that there was a big change in me was when my children went back to school and I was at the school after the 3 month summer vacation.    Lots of comments from lots of people.  It’s such a weird experience to respond to those comments.  I have learned a few things with this experience.  

1. People are truly trying to pay you a compliment when they make the effort to comment.  Although the things that they say might not necessarily come out as a compliment, it is 99% of the time sincere.   Haters gonna hate hate hate  

2. A simple “Thank you, it’s been a lot of fun and hard work” is enough of a response.  I recently saw a friend who had lost A LOT of weight and I told her that she looked great.  Her response was snarky and it hurt my feelings.  I was genuinely telling her she looked great.   All I said was “Wow you look great”!   The compliments are a big part of my motivation.  If no one told me they could see a change, would I want to keep going?  I am not sure how easy it would be.  

3.  Have fun with the attention, but do not let it go to your head.  Regardless of the exterior, the interior is still the same.  Keep it in check.  

My experience the last 7 months with Mike and his colleagues at the gym has been so much fun!  I am grateful for their friendships, motivation, and genuine concern for each of us.    Mike definitely has more confidence in me than I do, but in the end, he is always right.  There hasn’t been anything yet that he has told me to do that I ended up not being able to do.  There have been times I have thought he was flat out crazy, but like I said, Mike is always right!



No comments:

Post a Comment