Thursday, October 23, 2014

It Just Keeps Getting Better

Tonight’s workout was brutal.


 As in, I was literally crying at one point. 


I know this is nothing new and I should just expect it but Mr. Mike has sure upped his game the past couple of weeks.


It all started 2 weeks ago when I dragged myself down Commercial Street after ‘sprinting’ to the stop sign (well into the workout, I might add) and Mike pulled me aside to have a little chat. However, there was nothing ‘little’ about it. He literally called me out right there in the parking lot about not giving my all in the workout. (Like I would have a bad attitude about anything, geez). It made me feel really bad because I was working hard and I felt like I was giving everything I had. I mean, I could hardly breathe for crying out loud. He said that he was disappointed that I wasn’t keeping up with Brianne like I usually do. What? Are you new? Really? I have never, not even ONE time finished even close to Brianne. She is amazing and I am not there quite yet.


I mean, look at her legs.





Seriously.


But, message received - like I've said 100 times, he's a great trainer and he'll get me to work my hardest any way he can...including guilt! As a result, I have also upped my game the past couple of weeks and have really sore muscles to prove it. How that is even possible, I have no idea. My muscles should be completely used to this and have no reason to be sore any longer, right?


And, don’t forget that just one week ago, I tossed my cookies celery at the top of the bleachers at Mountain View for all of Utah to see.


Good times for everyone.


So, tonight, he paired me up with Brianne – which, I actually kind of love because she pushes me really hard. I try my hardest not to finish everything like 20 minutes after her, so I get moving.

The highlight of tonight’s workout was when I was standing on 2 hand weights with my hands touching the ground right in front of my toes and moving my booty up and down in this weird squat thing.


Pain. Lots and lots of pain.


(That’s when I cried).


Then, I went to the stop sign and back. The assignment was to sprint there and back, but my body would just not cooperate. So, I kind of walked/jogged/army crawled my way down the street.



It wasn’t pretty.


And, of course, there were tons of people all around to enjoy the show. It’s always good to have an audience.


I got my hair cut after tonight’s workout - a very welcome moment of relaxation and a reward for surviving the workout. (Don’t worry, I showered first). My stylist/friend asked me what my favorite part of the new me is. There are lots of things I like but I told her that I love being strong. I love that my body feels so good and I am comfortable in my own skin. I love that life is just easier. That it’s easier to get up off the couch, out of bed and to just move around in general. I have better coordination (not perfect, but better - I still stumble around a lot). I like that I feel healthy and in control.


Sorry, that’s a whole lot more than one thing.


I just need reminders that all of this pain and suffering is actually worth it.

(Here's my new haircut).

I am also way into selfies now (I know, that’s really weird and I probably shouldn't admit it). It’s the inner self-absorbed 14-year-old me clamoring to come out. I love that I don’t have a double chin anymore.


In closing, I haven’t introduced my theme song yet. I LOVE Megan Trainor’s All About the Bass. Everyone at the gym and most of my friends know I’m obsessed with this song and people sometimes call me when it’s on so I can hear it. I love that people think of me at random times during the day. I play it pretty often at the gym. Pretty sure that people are getting annoyed. But, oh well.


It’s so important to find enjoyment in hard things and find things that are motivating - like selfies and silly songs.



We only live once so we might as well make the most of it, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment