Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Keep On Keeping On


So, Mr. Andam had a new torture method for us at last Thursday's workout. 

Actually, it wasn't new but he was very, very sneaky about what he made us do. 

When we got to the gym, he said, "Ok ladies! We are going to alternate jump squats and lunges. 1 jump squat to 20 lunges, then 2 jump squats to 19 lunges and so on until the starting numbers are flipped."


No big deal, right?



(20 is not a very big number. This I got).



Well, it actually turned out the be an extremely big deal. 



Huge.



And, I couldn't really figure out why, but I was so flipping tired. Like, seriously exhausted and I could tell that all my girls were really struggling too. 



What the crud?



I mean, Mike's workouts are never easy but this one was especially kicking our booties. 


After we struggled through the lunges and jump squats, he pulled me to the corner to alternate burpees and push-ups, 1 to 20, 2 to 19 and so on. 


By this point, I knew the drill.


You guys, I was dying. Quite literally. I know that I still have a lot of work to do to get where I want to be with my health and fitness but I'm in pretty ok shape right now. Workouts are really hard but I can usually hold my own. 


Not this night. It felt like night #1 all over again.


So, I am no mathematician but what we were doing didn't feel like it should have been so dang hard.

Does anyone know - off the top of their head - just how many lunges, jump squats, burpees and push-ups we did?


Anyone?!


That night after I got home, showered, ate dinner and pulled my blasted body into bed (that is literally all I could manage), I ripped out the calculator on my phone and added up all the crap we did.  

I'm sure there's some awesome formula to figure out what we did but, since I was popular in high school, I don't know it. 
So, I literally added 20 + 19 + 18...and so on. 


And, guess what the grand total is?!


Just guess.



Guys, it's 210.


210 lunges
210 jump squats
210 burpees
210 push-ups


Oh, then we got to work on our arms a little more...but the ratio was a little lower = 1 to 10, 2 to 9 and so on. 


For a grand total of 55.


55 shoulder presses
55 bicep curls


So, here is our fitness equation:

   210
+ 210
+ 210
+ 210
+   55
+   55
+     2 (laps around the block)
hell on earth

(I'm not overly dramatic at all, huh?)


He may not be overly warm and fuzzy, but the man gets results!



1 comment:

  1. Ha! This workout was torture!! I am still recovering from it, luckily last night's new torture has helped magnify the prior one...so ooh well...maybe one day we will not want to "die" before, during & after the workout's with Mike. Thank goodness he sees the final goal because in times like these I can not see it at all. You are all superstars! I do not know how in the world we are able to do this but I know it is because we do it together. I hope everyone out there knows that the most important ingredient to a good weight loss journey is your support system. Best foot forward....

    ReplyDelete