Tuesday, September 16, 2014

5k Erica Style...


Would I have ever considered doing a 5k in my pre-Trainer Mike days 6 months ago???

Never!  

Did I think I was ready to do one now???  

No!!!

So, Cali and Brianne basically told me we were going to do a 5k together.  They were excited and looking forward to the challenge.  My reaction surprised even me. 


I completely freaked out!  


I was mad and upset that this decision was being made for me and I was NOT ready.  But, inside I was really only terrified that I wouldn't be able to do this.  I was afraid I would be last to cross the finish line and maybe not even make it to the finish.  I was also very afraid I would hold everyone back.  But, instead of letting myself give up before I even started, I put on my big girl pants and registered for my first 5k.  

I honestly thank these girls for pushing me to prove to myself I am stronger than I think.  My time across the finish line was not record breaking but I enjoyed every minute:)  This was such a fun experience I am actually looking forward to doing another in the near future!!!  














1 comment:

  1. YAY ERICA!!!! You are the best and I am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete