Thursday, September 18, 2014

Gym "Usie"

For all you old folks out there, an 'usie' is a 'selfie' with more than one person.


I only say this because I've had to explain it a couple of times today. 


Get with the times senior citizens.


This was taken right before tonight's workout. These smiles were quickly replaced with stern looks (Mike) and tears of pain (me and Charis).


(Actually, Charis had this same deer in headlights look on her face the whole night. She's so funny).


It was a really tough workout.



Oh, and, right as this picture was taken, I had a coordination attack and bit my own tongue. Hard.


Like lots of blood hard.



Seriously, I have chewed gum successfully my whole life.



Until now, apparently.


Not sure why Charis looks so scared. She must have known the workout would be super difficult. We are so going to feel it tomorrow.

There were only 3 of us there tonight (Crystal too) so we got a lot more concentrated Mike time. He definitely caught us slacking off more than usual and called us on it...


...every single time.


"Cali! Get moving!"
(I literally heard that about 257 times in an hour)
 



Here's a quick re-cap:
(I don't know all of the official names of the workouts, so don't judge).

- 100 squats to single knee raises, 50 each side alternating
- 100 squats to 25 lb kettle bell raises (straight up to chin) 

***my thighs were on fire by this point***

- 30 burpees, hands on a 15 lb medicine ball, jump back, then forward, then stand up and raise the medicine ball above head...and, repeat
- 60 step-ups on the highest platform on earth (it's as tall as the top of my thigh, no joke)
- 2 mins at a 20% incline, 3.4 mph on the treadmill, without holding on
- 2 mins laying on the mat with feet on a 15 lb medicine ball doing a (hip) bridge
{Charis and I did 3 reps of the last 2 exercises}
- more burpees, with hands on a 15 lb medicine ball, jump legs back, do a push-up, jump forward, stand up and raise the medicine ball over head 20x
- 100 bicep curls with 2 15 lb weights (after 50 reps, I switched to 12 lb weights. Shhh!)
- 50 sit-ups with legs up, knees bent. Sit up with 12 lb medicine ball and move it side to side
- 2 minute plank

Then, Mike said we were done and everyone else left. However, before I could make my exit, he made me do 10 more minutes on the treadmill.


I told you he hates me.





We are definitely getting our money's worth out of Mike.


AND, he's worth every penny.



No comments:

Post a Comment