Monday, September 8, 2014

More Track Experiences

I thought I would share another tale of my indoor track experience. I have been working up to running a full lap without stopping (I know you are all probably chuckling, but this is a big accomplishment for me). Well, the other day, I ran 2 full laps! (insert cheering and clapping) Granted, the indoor track is a little smaller than the regular track (6 laps on indoor track makes a mile).  This accomplishment was something I felt extremely proud of and something I have been working toward doing since this journey started in February 2014. My friend Crystal, who has also been on this journey to health right along with the rest of us, was there jogging right by my side. We were all smiles and sweat when we finished and took a photo to mark our amazing feat…  


We decide to text the photo to trainer Mike and let him know 2 of his girls have completed something we never thought possible.  


Here's how the text convo went…




Yeah you read right, bratty Cali had commandeered Mike’s phone and found it necessary to BURST MY BUBBLE.  Here I was thinking I was going to get an "Hallelujah! You are awesome!" text from Mike but, as you can see, that is NOT what I received…Don’t fret! I will get Cali back. She’s got it coming now. 


Watch your back Cali!!!


* * *


Cali here. So, on this particular night about a month ago, I was meeting with Mike to work on his blog. When he showed me Erica's text, I grabbed his phone to respond. How could I pass up this golden opportunity to mess with her?!


I feel it's important to keep Erica on her toes.


(Plus, I was really excited/proud of her so I wanted to give her a big HOORAY!)





No comments:

Post a Comment