Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Numbers

The last 6 months have been all about the numbers.


Obviously, we wanted lower numbers on the scale. Some of us have wanted faster numbers with our running. All of us have been disappointed with the number or lack of number in ounces we are allowing ourselves to eat. We catch ourselves staring at the clock after only 10 minutes of working out, in disbelief that we could already be on the verge of dying. 100 reps and 3 set of this and 60 reps and 2 sets of that! 


It's a numbers game, I tell you.  


When the weight doesn't come off as quickly as it did in the beginning, it gets a little frustrating. However, this journey isn't all about the weight loss. 


It's about a healthy lifestyle.  


It's about feeling good, having energy, enjoying the process, and having fun. 


One of the natural rewards for me has been how my blood pressure has regulated itself with the change in diet and exercise. I have been told that I am a pretty high strung person. Always struggling with being perfect and trying to please the masses. Taking this time for myself has been super rewarding. The bonus is that my health has improved as well.  Here is my reading from the last time I took my blood pressure at the pharmacy. My heart rate was a little high, but taking 4 kids with you to the store is super fun, said no one ever. It could have been how excited I was that my BP was in the normal rage without anything to help regulate it besides diet and exercise. I do realize that some people do all they can and still need medicine to regulate their BP. I am just so happy that I am able to do this right now without it. So, when I am depressed that the lbs aren't coming off as fast as I would like them to, I promised myself I would look at these numbers and remember it's about the lifestyle, the journey, and being healthy.  





No comments:

Post a Comment