Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tacos

These tacos are delicious!



Enjoy!


Baja Tacos

Sauce/Topping

2 Tablespoons reduced fat mayo or olive oil mayo
Juice of 1 lime
2 Tablespoons salsa ( I add about 6 tablespoons)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup coleslaw mix
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tablespoons green onion
Mix together all ingredients and serve over any meat.  

This can be served on top of any meat like chicken, beef, pork, shrimp or fish.  I have done meatless tacos as well and just served them over black beans or roasted sweet potatoes.  My masculine husband prefers meat, but there are meatless options that are delicious as well.  I also serve with sliced avocados.  

I have found that Smiths (A Kroger brand grocery store) carries corn tortillas that are Smith's brand and are 54 calories for 2 tortillas.  Read your labels to see what works best for you.  I use Pam cooking spray on a skillet and quickly warm both sides of the tortilla.  I like the taste and texture when they have been warmed this way.  This meal takes 30 minutes or less to prepare.  This is my go to dinner because it is so delicious, easy & filling.


No comments:

Post a Comment