Monday, September 29, 2014

Plateau

(We got this image here).


I have heard about (dreaded) weight loss plateaus...


And I've also heard that there is not really any such thing as a plateau - that it's just all in my head...  


I'm not sure what is true but my body thinks it can take a little break and hang on to its fat reserves!!!   


Well, this is just not going to work for me and my quest to reach my 100 pound goal by my 20th wedding anniversary in February.   I realize I have struggled a little in the nutrition department, and I can always work a little harder in the gym.  But I really want to change it up and get my "Mo-Jo" back and kick my weight loss engine back into gear.   


So...I need your help! I'm asking for anyone that might read this and have any experiences of their own or ideas, to let me know what has worked for them:) 



1 comment:

  1. Erica -

    Plateaus are normal, and they are way your body is telling you to mix it up, take a break, or revamp your routine. I recommend getting your training and nutrition on a periodization training schedule. Periodization helps to keep you away from plateaus and will help you reach your goals. Just remember it is important to not just train your physical body, but to mentally train as well - which might mean you need to step away from it all for a few days and do "active rest" to help rejuvenate your body to press forward.

    Good luck and congrats on your successes so far!!

    ReplyDelete