Sunday, August 10, 2014

"Healthy" Peanut Butter Cookies (really just not super unhealthy)


Let's be honest, there is no such thing as a healthy cookie.



Sad, but true.



This is only because all the bad stuff is what makes cookies so dang good. Sugar? Butter? Milk chocolate chips?


Yes, please! I'll take 2 cups of each.


This is exactly what has gotten me where I am today - and where I was 50+ lbs ago.


But, I have some good news.



I hope you're sitting down.



I found some delicious cookies that aren't as unhealthy as your run-of-the-mill oooey, gooey, melt in your mouth (and take up residence on your hips) Sunday afternoon-baking-tradition cookies that we have all made 1000 times.


And, guess what?



They are SO GOOD!


The other day, I actually Googled (did you know that's a real word now? Welcome to 2014!) "healthy peanut butter cookies" - even though we all know that there's not really any such thing - and this delicious recipe popped up at the very top of the page.


I was skeptical, but I am so glad I tried it out.


In a perfect world, I would post photos of the actual cookies I made, but - somehow - I managed to burn both batches past the point of being photo worthy. But, guess what? Even a little burned, they still tasted great! 


(Mike, I only had 1/2 of one and I worked out twice today so no punishment is necessary).


And, who knew you could make peanut butter just by grinding peanuts up in a food processor? This is definitely one of the coolest things I have heard in a while and may just be the best part of my whole weekend. I will never be buying peanut butter again.

And my favorite part of this whole recipe is that there are only 7 ingredients and none of them happen to be white sugar, butter or flour.


Go here for the recipe.

(Do not cook them for 12 minutes. I would say 10 minutes max. I learned the hard way!)




I don't know Sally, but I am a big fan of her cookies.

2 comments:

  1. ooh you know "Sally... Sally up - Sally down" but I can not wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with ya on natural peanut butter!!! Crazy how good it is!! And Easy!! :) I'm excited to try these cookies!

    ReplyDelete