Thursday, August 7, 2014

Life as a "Big Girl"...



This post honestly pains me to even write, but I think others out there also have these same feelings or might relate, so here it goes…  


 You learn to fear many things as a “big girl” in a small world. 


  For one you always need to be aware of your surroundings.  This might sound weird to some but when you walk into a restaurant, airplane, movie theater, etc. you will always wonder: “Am I going to have hard time fitting into that seat?”  "Am I going to be embarrassed or draw attention to myself?”  Most places are just fine but airplanes have always given me MAJOR grief regarding seat size; I swear airplane seats/seatbelts are made for people that weigh no more than 115 pounds and are no taller than 5’1”.   


Whoever designed these seats really needs to be fired!!!   


So then think if you are “Fluffier” than the average person, you can imagine the stress you feel not wanting to spill over into the seat next to you.  Well, I am on my journey to stress no more!!!  I recently went to a restaurant where the booths used to be a tight fit (meaning my belly squished up to the table) and found that not only are the booths comfortable but I now have room to spare! (sorry for the weird photo but it was a happy moment for me).



So here’s to more roomy seats in the future!!!



3 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I'm happy you're seeing progress and feeling good! Oh and dont worry about those airline seats. Those are a joke. its like a first class seat is what the normal size should be. Coach seats are like a booster seat for a child! Keep up the great work Erica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to crush your goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I felt the same at the movie theater not long ago! Sometimes success comes I less obvious ways, those are at times the sweetest rewards :) Way to go my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Booths and airplane seats are also the bane of my existence. My flight to Florida I spent a ridiculous amount of time beforehand googling how to discretely ask for a seat belt extender because I was terrified I would need one. I didn't, but googling airline seat belt lengths is probably not something most people ever have to even think about.

    ReplyDelete