Thursday, August 14, 2014

Misery Loves Company

My best baby sister Jordan has been staying with me for a few weeks while her husband is doing an internship out of state. It has been so fun.

A couple of weeks ago, I suggested that she join us for a workout with Mike and she (completely naively) agreed!


Buckle up!


I was really excited for her to have this 'hell on earth' experience and I was not disappointed. The poor thing almost didn't make it. Is it sad that I kind of enjoyed watching her suffer?


(Yes, it is sad and I'm seeking professional help).

She sent me this text before the workout:


Although, she had absolutely nothing to worry about. Mike for sure went easier on her then he did/does on us. I mean, he didn't even make her do "Sally" but we all had to.

"Oh Jordan, you're tired? Come sit over here and rest. You'll feel better in a minute. Do you need any water? How about a towel? How are your shoulders? Do you need a massage?" Are you kidding me?! He was WAY nicer to her then he has ever been to any of us. It's so not fair!



Here is her re-cap of the workout:

Working out with Mike and the “crew” was such a fantastic experience. Everyone there is super supportive and it makes for such a great atmosphere. The workouts were difficult but it was fun to challenge myself, with Mike doing it a little more adamantly in the background, to see just how much I could do! Not going to lie, I felt like I was going to throw up a few times and I couldn’t walk for days afterwards, but the experience that I had made it all worth it. 

You guys are the best!  


She's so funny. She makes it sound like it was a trip to the mall. It was so hard but I'm so proud that she came and made it through the whole workout. Two days after the workout, I tossed her something. She didn't catch it and it fell to the ground. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well, that's just where it will have to stay because I can't bend over to pick it up." Hooray for sore muscles!

I can't find the text she sent me the next day, but I forwarded the message on to Mike:




Here we are in action:


Cute Jordan.



Nice Jess.


Pay no attention to all the back sweat.

(there's definitely a reason I wear black to every single workout - TMI? Sorry)



Aaaah, so cute!


So, yeah, this happened. Erica took off her bra for the weigh-in and Jordan is champion at photo-bombing. (Then there's Jess, just looking good in the background as usual).




Great job Jordan! Thanks for coming!




No comments:

Post a Comment