Sunday, August 3, 2014

So, Remember That Time I Kicked...


Last Tuesday's workout was absolutely brutal.


Remember Mike's promise?


Well, he definitely made good on his threat.


I mean, it's Sunday and I'm still sore. I haven't been this sore since week one.



The warm-up was 200 lunges with two 15 lb weights.



He truly is the devil.



About 3/4 of the way through our workout, Brianne and I were told to do high kicks. I still don't know all of the technical terms for the torture he makes us do, but I call them Taebo kicks. 


You know, Billy Blanks style.


(I'm pretty sure I look just like this girl when I do them, six pack and all).


Thanks Billy.


So, of course we had to do 100 with each leg so we broke it up a little and did 50 at a time and switched. Since Brianne is in much better shape than I am, she finished before me but I was almost done. I had about 5 more with my left leg. I was facing toward the back wall of the gym and had no idea what was going on behind me.

All of a sudden, I lifted my leg to the side to kick and out of the corner of my eye, I see a little girl walking right into my kick zone. It was too late to stop altogether but I was able to hold back and not kick with all of my strength.

You know, because there is so much power behind my huge muscles.


But, yeah, I kicked this poor, adorable little girl right in the chest.


You guys, I kicked a little 5-year-old girl.



Oh, and it was her birthday.


So, Happy Birthday! -- HI-YAAA!



I mean, why not?!


I wanted to die. I felt so horrible and immediately bent down to make sure she was okay. Her mom was right there and was super apologetic that she was in my way. But, that doesn't change the fact that I kicked her baby girl.


Thankfully, this sweet girl didn't cry and didn't seem to be permanently maimed.



Don't bring your kids to the gym for crying out loud!!



(or I, apparently, will kick them)



2 comments:

  1. Is billy wearing guy liner?? Iv heard of people kicking puppies, not people kicking kids... smh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cali over achieves...hence kicking the kid on the little one's birthday... j/k honest she (the little one) just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

    ReplyDelete