Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cali, be nice!


This morning, I got some feedback about our little blog here. 


(Feedback is always appreciated – please keep it coming!)


I want to address how I (specifically) refer to Mike on this blog – and in my everyday life, to be completely honest. I am a super sarcastic person (that should be evident in most all of my posts) and I call him some pretty not-so-nice names - devil, mean - when referring to him in Trainer Mike mode. (Go here for an explanation of that). 


I mean, just last night, I was struggling around the track at a local high school. He had to go somewhere really fast and came back after I had gone a mile. I had barely started walking – just barely – when he came around the corner and yelled: “Hey! I didn’t tell you to walk around the track, I told you to RUN! Get moving!” Seriously? I just ran a whole mile and am having a hard time breathing…leave me alone! So, in typical Cali fashion, I told him that he was the devil and continued walking down the track.


"Come over here and make me run!"


Guys, it’s my personality to harass people, especially when they are making me do hard things. It’s a coping mechanism of sorts, plus I think it’s fun. Please know that I have the utmost respect for Mike and think he is a fantastic trainer – the best I’ve seen. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking to take control of their health, and I have. He has most definitely changed my life for the better. If I didn’t hate him some of the time, he wouldn’t be doing his job. He is supposed to make me mad. He is supposed to yell at me. He is supposed to make me suffer. 


That’s his job.


That’s what I’m paying him to do.


I love that I have a good relationship with Mike and that I can complain when I feel it’s necessary (every single day) and I can call him names without offending him. Mike really is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and he puts up with a lot of crap from all of us cupcake girls, most especially me.



1 comment:

  1. No worries I have called him Satan to his own brother when I met him... lol, he really got a bag full or sarcastic women when he signed on to train us all, I do not think he would know what to do if we were not sassing him and near death at every workout. On the serious note he is the best! I think we may be his first "physically challenged group" weight wise(well some of us) yet he has been kicking our butts with love and he does not let us back down, I remember he said at the beginning if you love you trainer they are doing something wrong, so definitely between 5pm-6:30pm twice a week he is Satan...other than that he is just plain awesome :)

    ReplyDelete