Friday, August 29, 2014

My First 5K

On the eve of our first 5k as The Pink Team (and under Mike's tutelage), I want to post about my first 5k. I participated in the Man vs Mud run in Cache Valley in September 2011.


My best little brother and his wife and my friend Shannon did the race with me and it was so fun.


Really, really hard because I was completely out of shape, but fun.


I want to do it again, but it's actually tomorrow and since we are doing the IVF 5k in Salt Lake, I guess we will look into doing the mud run next year.


Here is how the 2011 mud run went for us:
(I got this post from my personal blog dated 9/21/11)

(I so wish I could take credit for this photo, but I got it here).

Yep, the rumors are true, I participated in the 1st annual Man vs. Mud 5k in Logan, Utah on 9/3/11. It was all Shannon's idea and Cade and Krystal joined the fun too. It was such a good time! The photos don't really do it justice, but here they are anyway.



The Mucky Mucks!


This was the first mud pit.


No big deal.


However, they did get worse


and worse.





And, I'm pretty sure it wasn't only mud in there






So, for the finish line, we came back around right next to the starting line and had to go down a HUGE (and yes, painful) slip 'n slide. It was brutal, but fun at the same time. There was a jump at the end, then you landed in a mud bog. 


Good times.











We all had such a good time but it was absolutely disgusting! After the final slip 'n slide, we had to army crawl through mud, then have a group picture taken, then there was a snack table with juice, granola bars and bananas. Uh, I didn't even have a clean spot on my body to wipe the mud out of my eyes. The last thing I wanted to do was try to eat something. Disgusting! I did take some juice though and, instead of my lip making a lipstick mark on the cup, there was a mud mark. Yum!



One of Shannon's friends made us these cool shirts.



We had so much fun. We are definitely doing this again next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment