Saturday, July 5, 2014

Brianne

Talking about myself isn't something I really get too excited about.  My name is Brianne.  I am 34 years old.  I am a mother of 4 beautiful children and one incredibly cute puppy.  I am 5'10.  I can't count the number of times I have had people tell me that I was "big boned".  I have huge hands and feet!  One of my colleagues nick named me "man hands".  I really appreciate these comments because how could I not know that I had these issues;). I know I am a bigger girl.  Realistically this was just an excuse to be heavier than I should be because being tall the weight can distribute a little more evenly.  Until just recently I felt that I had lost my identity as just being a mom.  I had my last child last August and on the day of delivery had gained 60+ pounds.  I figured they would come off fairly quickly just like all the times before.  Well having children in your 30's is a whole new ball game.  On New Year's Day I stepped on the scale and was only 25 pounds lighter than the day I had my baby.  I have always been an active person and this extra weight was holding me back.  I was tired and grumpy!  Now being a mother of 4, working part time, being the PTA president, and involved in my church left little time for exercise and clean eating!  Little Cesar's Pizza was a mainstay at our house.  Thankfully the amazing company we work for decided to have a weight loss competition.  One of the owners of our company had recently started working out with a personal trainer.  He definitely doesn't fit the stereotype of most bosses.  He is one of the most generous people I know.  When he finds something great he loves to share with those around him.  Without him we wouldn't have had this opportunity.  He spearheaded this competition. I love a good competition.  I am not your typical girl.  I love all sports.  Love to watch them and love to play most of them.  If there is a competition, I am in!  This was the answer I was looking for.  Our amazing company provided a fabulous trainer (the same one our boss was going to) for 12 weeks. After the first workout I literally couldn't sit down to go to the bathroom because I was so so sore. But, I was hooked.  I wanted to go back.  I wanted to see how far I could go.  I wanted to compete.  I didn't win the competition, but I did take control of my health.  I changed the way I exercise and the way I eat.  We have continued with our trainer because he is the best around, but also accountability is huge for success.  Sure there are still days I sneak Oreo's into the bathroom so no one sees me partaking of treats, but for the most part I am in control.  One thing I know for sure is that I couldn't have done this alone.  I have an amazing support system that encourages me to accomplish my goals.  My family helped make arrangements with child care and my friends show up at every training session.  Thank goodness for group texting.  These text sessions help us to see that everyone is trying their hardest, struggling at times, and coming back to the next session for more. We've shared recipes, tears, and triumphs.  But this challenge didn't end with the competition.  This is now a way of life for us and I am so excited to share our experiences, good and bad, with anyone that is interested.   So now you know how my journey started and I invite you to enjoy the rest of the journey with us!  


No comments:

Post a Comment