Monday, July 14, 2014

My View From The Back

So, since I am recently coming directly from couch potato status to wanna-be exercise girl, you can imagine that exercise is not one of my strong points… I have been pushed further than I ever thought possible by my team, Mike and myself. 

I never thought I would ever run (which not sure what I do is considered running) but I do!!! I have twisted and turned my battered, bruised, and sore body in many ways. I have cried, pouted, and refused, but I still continue to go. And now I actually enjoy my time in the gym and with my team! However, I have found that no matter how hard I try I am always last to finish every exercise or every lap… 

So my view is a view from behind. 

But, many things can be seen from this prospective. For one, I have seen how determined and hard-working everyone on my team is and how proud I am of each one of them and their accomplishments. I have seen that each and every time I work out I get a little closer to the person in front of me and better than the last time. And, I have seen that being last does get you A LOT of attention from trainer Mike (not always good attention) most of this attention from Mike comes in the form of:


“KEEP MOVING ERICA”


“DO NOT STOP ERICA”


“WHAT NUMBER ARE YOU ON? YOU ONLY HAVE 80 MORE TO GO, HURRY UP”


And my personal favorite…


“IF I GET TO YOU FROM ACROSS THIS FIELD BEFORE YOU SQUAT UP THAT SET OF BLEACHERS, I AM GOING TO STICK BY YOU THE REST OF THIS WORKOUT”.


So, being last does not always have to be a negative thing as one of my favorite quotes states:


(I got this image here)



No comments:

Post a Comment