Sunday, July 6, 2014

Personally Training

(I wrote this post on Feb 27th 2014)
 

Tonight, we (the Pink team - hooray!) had our second session with trainer Mike.

 
(Erica and me - we think we're really funny!)


We were all super stressed and worried about it all day long.



We kept asking everyone who had already had their 2nd session just how bad it was. Tuesday was so painful and so was all day yesterday and all day today because every single muscle in my poor body is on fire. Seriously. I have been really sore from workouts in the past (spin, pilates, yoga, zumba) but this is a whole new monster.


It's so funny because my whole work team and a lot of people around us are training with Mike and we are all super sore so at random times throughout the day, there is moaning and sometimes sobbing as we get up and down from our chairs (that's the hardest!) and waddle our way around the office.


It's pretty awesome.


And, yes, misery really does love company.


My friend Collin isn't training (because he is naturally slim and in shape - I hate him) but he is more than willing to make fun of us and poke us in our sore muscles. The jerk. He said that we all move around like we had a leg transplant and are re-learning to walk. Real funny Collin. 


But it's kinda true.


So, the second workout tonight was a little easier than the first. We had a motivational talk with one of Mike's other clients who has lost a ton of weight since she started working with him. Pretty inspiring. So, we really only worked out about 45 minutes tonight. And, it was raining, so we didn't do much running which is just fine with me. We did A LOT of lifting. My arms are not happy with me. We did more group work which is good. I guess seeing other people suffering helps.


But, we did it! HOORAY! Even though I don't feel so great physically (yet), emotionally and mentally I can feel such a difference. Endorphins really are the best. They really make such a huge difference.


I can handle life better with them, that's for sure.


Our boss Chuck showed up at the end of our workout - you know, so he could see us at our best. He took a couple of pictures and promised that he won't post them on any social media. I sure hope not!

(just don't tell anyone I am posting them here!)
(Apparently, this is my tough face - look at my fore-arm muscles though! Not bad!)



We look great, huh? I bet you missed Mike, didn't you? Look at the picture again. He kind of blends in.


He's not too bad to look at.


I think I'm going to make a special request that he not wear a shirt for the remainder of our sessions. I'm sure that's a pleasant sight.


We get our meal plan tomorrow. I have already been seriously amending my eating habits and I can already tell that my clothes are fitting better so that's very motivational. It's not easy. I crave carbs like nobody's business and I would seriously cut someone for chocolate about 100 times a day but I am surviving and I know it will get easier.


Oh, and what else did Mike throw in as we were leaving tonight? We have to do AT LEAST 45 minutes of cardio every single day we don't work out with him. Yikes. But, I'm in. I signed up for this so I am all in. It's pretty exciting.



Here's to lots of results in the next 22 sessions!




No comments:

Post a Comment