Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Making A Change



I have tried it all, and given up every time I did not receive results fast enough.  I have a fear of failure so if I did not believe I would succeed then, for me, it's better to not even try then to try and fail.  I really was hesitant in trying this time but also did not want to feel "left out" of the group.  My boss and company decided to sponsor a "Biggest Loser" competition at work.  We formed teams of people that wanted to participate.  My team was the PINK TEAM, which just so happens to be my favorite color :).  Our team chose to work with a personal trainer which is where Mike Andam (aka: The Devil) comes into this picture...  The first workout with Mike for me was a total shocker!!! Here I was coming straight from the couch to the gym for first time in a long time and what he proposed I do was NOT something my body thought was a possibility!  I honestly thought I would either die, pass out, puke or run out!!!  I looked around at my team hoping it was just not me feeling this way and I was met by other horrified looks which gave me some comfort.  I was also so ashamed that I had let myself get to the point I was.  When I left after surviving the hour-long strenuous workout (or what my body considered strenuous) I was winded, exhausted, and on verge of tears.   I immediately called my husband and another co-worker to whine and give all the reasons I could not return to that gym ever again!  Both told me to give it a chance and do not be too quick to give up.  




 Here is where my journey to change starts.





No comments:

Post a Comment