Saturday, July 26, 2014

Stress Eating


I am a first-time foster mom to a sweet little chihuahua named Sunshine.


This little dog was rescued by a close friend during a trip to California.  This sweet stray dog deserved a chance at a happy life.  So being a dog lover, my friend saved this little girl and brought her home.  

And here is where I come into this picture... 

My friend has pit-bulls that are aggressive with other dogs and since I am currently a mom of 2 other small dogs and a dog lover myself, I agreed to foster her until a great home could be found.  

Fast forward 3 months... 

I have grown attached to this dog. However, with 2 dogs of my own, a very elderly cat and a super busy schedule, I felt it was time for Sunshine to find her forever home (at least I thought I had made this decision).  So, we listed her with a great rescue organization and they will list her on website and show her at their adoption events.  So, this last Saturday I woke up to get this trusting dog ready to go to her first adoption event. Then it hits me... I look at this sweet face who has no idea what is about to happen to her and I start to bawl!  I continue sobbing all the way to the adoption event.  I  am sure I made a giant fool of myself in front of the other foster moms who seem to have their emotions in control.  I cry, wipe my snotty nose and try to give them the needed information for this little girl.  I leave the event knowing if she is not adopted I pick her up in four hours and do this horrific routine again in 2 weeks.  



So, me and my husband leave and what do I do then??? 

I EAT!!!  

I decide we should go to Sizzler since I have all the best intentions of enjoying a healthy salad.  What do I do next? I start to cram into my mouth not the healthy salad I made at the salad bar, but the delightful triangles of cheesy goodness made by Sizzler named CHEESE TOAST.  I don't only eat one, no, I find it necessary to drown my sorrows in 6!!! Yes that's right SIX pieces of cheesy buttery heaven!!!  Yes I feel guilty, yes I am disgusted, but do I stop??? No I don't!!!  


The problem with this whole scenario is that Sunshine did not find her forever home so I picked her up and I get to do this all over again!!! Not sure my waistline can handle much more of this.  

Maybe Sunshine will just become a permanent part of our family.  

Stress and boredom eating for me are MAJOR obstacles in my journey. I just need to find a new way to deal with this, maybe take up a new hobby.


Any ideas??? 



No comments:

Post a Comment