Saturday, July 5, 2014

Cali

Hi. I'm Cali and I am happy that you've stumbled upon our little blog. After all, misery loves company, right? 

Ha ha, just kidding.


(but not really)


 I actually really hope this can be a place for us (me and all my friends, old and new - including you) to come to find support, new ideas, to share successes and failures and help each other stay motivated to make positive changes regarding health and fitness. (However, if my parents are the only ones who ever read this blog, I'm okay with that too). Sure, most of us would like to be a size 2, but it's much more important to be healthy regardless of our pant size and not miss out on anything in life because of weight-related issues. And, to quote my little sister quoting our favorite TV doctor, Mindy Lahiri:


"I want to be so hot that guys would date me even if I had a bad personality."
  
 I am excited and scared to death to share this journey. I am a fairly private person but I am confident that in sharing my experiences, I will be accountable to keep at it and, hopefully, help others along the way. If my story helps even one person make a positive change, it is worth all of the anxiety and (inevitable) embarrassment of leaping this far out of my comfort zone.

(Speaking of leaping, just yesterday, I did jump squats up and down a very busy city street during rush hour - I have absolutely no pride left).
  
I am a daughter, sister, friend, favorite aunt and (most of the time) a pretty happy and positive person – (let's be honest, we all have bad days). I love photography, graphic design and absolutely anything to do with paper. I am third of six children and have the best family on the planet. I am also blessed with amazing friends. As of 2 weeks ago, I am officially 36 and on the downhill slide to 40 (yikes!) but if anyone asks, I'm 28. I have worried about my weight and had self-image issues for as long as I can remember. I have never been the smallest girl around and realized that I wasn't okay with that at a very young age. However, until recently, I haven't had much success in or motivation to lose weight or work out on a regular basis. I definitely do not have it all figured out and make mistakes every single day, but I am seeing changes in my body and am losing weight pretty consistently so I am definitely motivated to keep moving forward. Just 2 weeks ago, I went to Maurices to buy new jeans because I didn't have a single pair that weren't literally falling off. (This is a good problem to have!) I was wearing a pair I had bought at that same store at the beginning of the year. I found the exact same jeans - 2 sizes (that's 4 inches folks!) smaller that fit me perfectly. I was so excited! Sure, 2 sizes isn't a super big deal, but I am moving in the right direction. It's very important to celebrate each success - big or small.


I even got a high five from the sales girl. Hooray!


Anyhoo, I hope you'll check back often to offer suggestions and share your own experiences.



1 comment:

  1. Haha, you are hilarious! And you look GREAT! And I love you.

    ReplyDelete