Sunday, July 20, 2014

Southwest Chicken Wraps

I found this recipe on Cooking Light.  There are 210 calories and 19 grams of protein per serving AND they are delicious! A serving is 2 wraps and 2 TABLEspoons of sauce.  Not teaspoons, Tablespoons!!


(8.8-ounce) package microwaveable precooked whole-grain brown rice  (I just made my own brown rice:))
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (Again, I just cubed my chicken and sautéed it in a pan with salt, pepper and garlic, but rotisserie would be super easy too)
3/4 cup fresh salsa
1/3 cup chopped green onion (about 3)
1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
12 iceberg lettuce leaves (Butter lettuce is my favorite for wraps, so I used that)
Prepare rice according to package directions. Place rice in a large bowl. Stir in chicken and next 3 ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture evenly in center of lettuce leaves. Fold in edges of leaves; roll up, and secure with wooden picks. Serve with Spicy Chipotle Dipping Sauce.
Chipotle Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (Greek Yogurt works awesome too)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.

**  I added avocado because I like it and I like to do things my way!   Of course that would add to the caloric value, but it tastes so good it's worth it and it's healthy.  Even making the chicken and rice on my own, this meal was complete and plated in 30 minutes.  Next time I am going to add some corn.   

The possibilities here are endless!!  


1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks tasty! Great idea to add avocado! MY FAV!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete