Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Surprise Inspection

So, the other day, I was working at my desk, minding my own business when I heard a familiar voice.


One that regularly haunts my dreams.


It was trainer Mike.


He was at the office to visit someone else, but - of course - came over to take the opportunity for a quick desk inspection.


What do I mean by inspection?


Well, it was a food inspection. Yeah, you heard right. He marched right into my cubicle and started rummaging through my things. He checked the drawers, my cabinet and the garbage can to see if I was hoarding any contraband. You know, like chocolate, soda, chips - anything that tastes good. Basically, anything other than celery and water!

(He totally busted Cali for having a banana on her desk!)

This comes from a guy who regularly (every single day) eats at fast food burger joints!!! Thank goodness my breakfast that day consisted of a pear and cottage cheese. I think I passed his inspection. Don't get me wrong, I (recently) hid in my pantry at home quietly opening the Oreo package and shoving some in my mouth without being seen or heard, but who am I really hurting???

So, even if you don't have an Inspector Mike in your life, you need to be accountable to yourself because you are worth it!


I am proud to say that this is what I currently hoard at my desk:




1 comment:

  1. Erica great job! Way to be disciplined and healthy. I have 7 kids and a wife that never eat healthy but now they are because of your example! You are an inspiration and an example to bugle lovers everywhere!

    ReplyDelete