Tuesday, July 8, 2014

No Pain, No Gain



Meet one of my enemies: 






Meet my legs (sorry they are so white):






These two are not friends!!!  Oh, the torturous things Mike can dream up for us to do with this thing that really only should belong on the farm!!!  We do burpies (glorified jumping push-ups) on this thing, squats then jump up on this thing, tricep raises and many other things that are too painful to talk about.  And in the beginning, I could not even step up on this Goliath of rubber without help!!!  But a few short months later, I no longer fear it.  I, without assistance, have flipped this beast over from one end of the gym to the other.   I no more doubt that with time and perseverance all things are possible.  I can't count the number of times I have told Mike "I can't do that" but in reality when you just try you surprise even yourself with what you are really capable of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment