Monday, July 21, 2014

Radio Silence


We started advertising this blog a little over a week ago and are pretty blown away with the number of hits we’ve had so far. It’s pretty exciting. We are happy that people are anxious to see our pain!

However, we are a little sad that the comments section hasn’t blown up. Guys, half (75%?) of the fun of having a blog is to get to know your followers through reading their funny/witty comments.

So, we have decided to encourage full-on bribe you to leave some comments by having a GIVEAWAY! Hooray!

We want to hear your funniest and/or most embarrassing workout stories. Please fill up the comments section of this post with tales that make us snort when we laugh.

The reward for the best story will be a copy of Bob Harper’s book Skinny Meals. He is not paying us to say this, but we love this book. We know (all too well) the vicious cycle of eating the same thing over and over because it’s easy and we know it fits into our meal plan but this book has helped us take the guess work out of incorporating new (healthy) food into our eating rotation.


Oh, and we’ll also throw in a $25 gift certificate to Target (to buy produce and other good-for-you stuff! :)


So, for the next 7 days (until 7/28/14), please share your stories with us. You can also share someone else’s story, or make one up. We’re fine with whatever. We just want to be entertained and we want to get to know you!


We will announce the winner at noon on Monday, 7/28/14.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh I just love this blog. I have a story. Its sad. I'm about to go to a sad place...

    So I tried cross-fit once for about 45 minutes and I was taking a beginners class. A class for out of shape people with no upper body strength (Me) as par of the work out we had to do pull ups. Sadly my body weighed more than what my arms were capable of pulling up. So they had me use this rubber band strap to assist with the pulling. Well in our group we had some girl who looked like a fitness model. She had no business being in there and of course she was on the pull up bar next to me. We had to do 10 reps and I think she finished all ten before I got to rep 4. When she was done she turned around and started cheering me on like "come on you can do it!" and "Your almost finished!" I wanted to yell at her to stand under me and help push me up! She was beautiful, i was wimpy. I think I'm still on rep #6. When she looked away I yelled out 10! and hopped down. AND THAT IS MY SAD SAD STORY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was doing my student teaching in Washington D.C. we would sometimes go over to George Washington University to use their gym. There was always a line for the treadmill so I waited until my turn and then hopped on and started running. Well in the middle of my run I realized I forgot my water bottle so I hopped off and ran over and grabbed it. Well I don't know what I was thinking but I left the treadmill running so when I went to get back on again my feet totally slipped and I completely fell down and the treadmill kicked me off the back and I fell right off! Yes, with a whole bunch of students waiting in line and watching me. Traumatic! My knee was all skinned up and red but I didn't want anyone to think I hurt myself so I got back on and kept running for another ten minutes. I'm sure they had a good laugh that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed reading the descriptions of your workouts with Michael. They have been so entertaining because I have been there with him. We have been working out with him for a couple of years, and have been in some state of soreness ever since then. Some days are worse than others.
    Just wanted to share an experience we had with him earlier this month.
    It was July 5, I was doing the fabulous chest press when he said to me, you had pie last night. I thought to myself, oh my gosh, I did have pie. I said to him, What kind did I have? He leaned forward and looked into my eyes and said I see an L E M O N. Oh my gosh, he was right, I did have lemon pie with my family for the 4th of July celebration. I then said something like, what kind did my husband have? My husband quickly replied, apple and lemon. I'm not even going to pretend anything.
    So.....watch out he knows all.

    ReplyDelete